Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Spicy and Sour Trotter

Here comes a dish that I've longed for. Trying many times cooked by my mother but I never try it out myself. Until I saw my sister's post last week that drolled me out from the screen...haha! I've cooked mine the next day then...super yummy!! You'll never believe it...I almost walloped up the whole trotter...LOL!! Well, a tough jog the next day to burn those calories..;p


With a twist from my mom's recipe, I've done a good job I can say. Love this to bit!
Here...I'll share mine with you...:))

Ingredients:
1 medium trotter (chopped in big pieces)
2-3 Chilli Padi (bird's eye chilli)
1 small bowl dried chilli (wash and drained)
4-5 pieces old ginger (sliced thinned)
3 cloves black garlic
30g rock sugar
about 500ml assam water (I used 3 tbsps assam paste melted in 450ml water)
** can be substitute to black vinegar
a little salt to taste
a little light soy sauce to taste
some spring onions for decoration


Method:
~ Wash the trotter and bring to boil in clear water for 5 mins. Wash with running cool water, drain and set aside.
~ In a claypot or a wok, saute the garlic, ginger, dried chilli and chilli padi with a little oil till fragnant.
~ Add in the trotter and stir for a while.
~ Add in assam water and rock sugar, cover with lid and bring to boil.
~ Once boiling, lower the heat and simmer for 1.5 hrs or until trotter is tender.
~ Add in some light soy sauce and salt to taste.
~ Decorate with some spring onions and serve hot.

This is even tastier when serve overnight as the trotter has the flavor observed with the thick gravy.
I will definitely cook this again very soon!


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails