Friday, January 7, 2011

Muah Chee (Sticky Glutinous Snack)

Its the first weekend of the New Year, and there are more work to be done in the following weeks. Chinese New Year is coming soon, what are you planning to bake this year? Oh me...there'll be some cookies to be done and also some cakes to bake. Hopefully everything will go smoothly as I've planned...:)
Well, today's post is a simple one. This was made when my hubby and I suddenly thought of supper last 2 days, and I've made this kueh the very last minute since I still have some roasted ground peanuts in the kitchen.

Recipe was adapted from one of my collection books. First attempt and it's beautifully done! (not that I'm smart, it was just easy). Have a look at the ingredients and method...you can do it too!

Here's the recipe...
150g glutinous rice flour
30g tapioca starch
1 & 1/2 cups water
30g sugar
1 cup toasted peanuts (grinded) with some sugar added.

Method:
~ Mix rice flour and tapioca flour together with water.
~ Pour into a plate or mould which has been brushed with oil.
~ Place in the steamer to steam over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
~ While its still warm, place the dough in a plastic bag and add sugar. Knead till the dough texture is chewy.
~ Then tear into small pieces and coat with grinded peanuts.

Here's the dough after kneading, the texture should be chewy.

Coated with peanuts. The dough can be teared into any sizes as desire.

See the texture from here? Yummy. This is definetley a good recipe to keep and it can be done in minutes! Try it out then you'll see.


Happy Weekend!!


9 comments:

  1. my fav i always buy from pasa malam! thanks for sharing reese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brought back good childhood memory! Thanks for sharing the recipe ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! One of my all time favorite desert! I remember last time my mum made it , I would ask her to cut the muah ji smaller, so when I eat each mouth, I get more peanut coating and not having to eat too much muah ji, lol! Hope you are doing well my friend. Btw, still haven't confirm coming up to KL yet as we have a wedding dinner to attend the weekend we plan to go.... See can reschedule or 'escape' from the wedding, heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh...yummy! That reminds me that I still have some glutinous rice flour from my previous make. Time to make this again! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummyy! i like mine with loads and loads of peanut but always embarrassed to tell the uncle

    ReplyDelete
  6. ~ j3ss kitch3n, me too...always must have if I go pasar malam..;p

    ~ quizzine, you are welcome..:)

    ~ Bee Bee, yeah!! Hope we can see you soon!!!

    ~ Jane, ya ya...go make..haha! This is easy and yummy!!

    ~ Jean, me too...after taking all this photos, I added more peanuts into my plate..haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favourite snack! The more peanut, the better! I used to eat this as a child!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi ReeseKitchen,

    Thanks so much for your recipe ! It always works ! My family enjoyed it very much.

    Best of all its so easy to make.

    Cheers Have A Blessed New Year !

    ReplyDelete
  9. ~ busygran, me too...used to have it once a week when I was teenage..haha!

    ~ Hi Linda's Corner, you are most welcome. Saw you posted and I was so glad you like it..:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails